MK3S nozzle not ali...

Notifications

MK3S nozzle not aligned with thumbtack in purge mechanism  

RSS

Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
01/08/2020 10:21 pm  

Just got my parts in the mail (USPS is slow these days!) and assembled everything. Is there a way to adjust the RPM in the Y-axis direction. The nozzle on my stock Prusa MK3S seems to be several mm forward of the thumbtack, so when I attempt the purge blob test, the filament just pours through the mechanism to the build plate.

Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
01/08/2020 10:30 pm  

I don't see the attach file button below, but here's a link to a photo showing the nozzle in relation to the purge hole:

Side view

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Michael Santos

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin
01/08/2020 10:57 pm  

Hi @michael-santos,

Attached is a modified version of the right mount. Please print and check if it moved it into the correct position.

ReplyQuote
Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
02/08/2020 12:27 am  

Thanks! That seems to be in a much better place now. Unfortunately, the blob got stuck on the washer, and removing it also pulled out the washer, so looks like I've got a bit of disassembly ahead of me.

ReplyQuote
Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
03/08/2020 2:06 am  

Actually, maybe not. I had to reprint the catcher and cage because I couldn't get the cage back off to reinsert the washer. Tried again, and the same thing happened. The filament poured onto the edge of the washer, I think, and then down to the thumbtack, but then when the mechanism attempted to eject it, it dislodged the washer again. Is it possible to get a right mount that's somewhere in between. Or if you have the model file, I might be able to experiment with various sizes.

Is there a trick to getting the washer seated again without having to remove the cage? Or a trick to taking the cage off without breaking it? (Thank you for including extra kapton and foil tape in the parts, BTW!)

ReplyQuote
Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
03/08/2020 2:13 am  

Here's a photo of the new location.

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin
04/08/2020 12:11 am  

@michael-santos

I think 4mm was too much. Here is one that is only 2mm forward.

ReplyQuote
Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
04/08/2020 3:47 am  

@bigbrain3d Thank you! I'll give it a try.

ReplyQuote
Michael Santos
(@michael-santos)
Active Member Customer
07/08/2020 5:10 am  

Thanks again @bigbrain3d. The 2mm seems to get the nozzle into position. The blob gets formed on the thumbtack. But when the mechanism ejects, it still has a tendency to grab onto the washer, dislodge it, and then jam the ejection mechanism. Do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking about just supergluing the washer into position.

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin
11/08/2020 4:37 pm  

@michael-santos

The Blob should form under the washer. It should not stick to the washer at all.
Could you attach a video looking from the front-underneath so I can see what is happening?

ReplyQuote
Share: