PRUSA i3 MK3s insta...

Notifications

PRUSA i3 MK3s installation problems... Slight collisions with both fan shroud & bed leveling sensor cable.  

RSS

Michael Hulme
(@michael-hulme)
New Member Customer
17/02/2020 6:32 pm  

I feel like I must be missing something. I have a freshly built and installed Purge Mech on my PRUSA i3 MK3s; however when I manually check the trigger arms alignment with the printed head; it becomes obvious that pellet creation area is scrapping the lower edge of the MK3s fan shroud; and the Purge Mech's "trigger arm" is colliding with the bed-leveling sensor cabling on the right side of the print head.

What did I do wrong? -or- what adaption am I needing to consider to correct these two issues?
...Thank you for your time and help!

BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin
17/02/2020 7:19 pm  

Hi @michael-hulme,

If the PINDA cable is interfering with the mechanism then the PINDA probe should be turned counter clockwise so the cable swings outwards and creates space for the arm. You will need to redo the nozzle to bed distance calibration.

For whatever reason, there are minor differences between peoples MK3S'. If the cage is contacting the fan shroud during activation then you should print and install this 'low height' version of the cage.

ReplyQuote
Michael Hulme
(@michael-hulme)
New Member Customer
18/02/2020 8:20 pm  

Thank you so much for the quick response yesterday!!
🙂
Much appreciated.

Will print the included .STL this evening, and make the replacement...
Already did a pretty good adjustment on the PINDA Probe.

Very impressed with your help!!  Have a great day!

ReplyQuote
Share: