disable or alter po...

Notifications
Clear all

disable or alter polygone resolution limitation?

TeaObvious
(@teaobvious)
Topic starter  

Hi,

i wanted to colorize my first model and was very disappointed, that simplycolor3d does reduce the resolution of my model by a lot.
(see screenshot, same model left prusa slicer and right simplycolor3d)

I want to print that in a size of at least 30cm*30cm, maybe up to 40cm*40cm, thats why i really need that high resolution or else i will see every triangle in the final print. (i can easily see them in the g-code)

Is there a way to configure the the value that limits the resolution? - I know you do it to save memory or so, but i have a lot of memory and would prefer to keep that high resolution.

Thank you!

BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

Hi @teaobvious

we don't reduce the models to save memory; it's done because there is a limitation on the automatic unwrapper. If you can unwrap the models yourself, perhaps using blender, then you can skip the model face reduction. I've added a section in the manual describing how to do this. Pages 49 to 52 currently.

You may still encounter a limit as to how large in MB a model you can load in SimplyColor3D but I cannot say for certain as it may vary by machine.

Let us know if this works.

ReplyQuote
TeaObvious
(@teaobvious)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bigbrain3d

I've added a section in the manual describing how to do this. Pages 49 to 52 currently.

Hi Thank you for that Guide, i will give it a try next weekend and report back. This sounds very promising! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: