[Solved] SimplyColor3D 2.0 Kickstarter backer & preorder customer release schedule
If you have backed SimplyColor3D 2.0 on Kickstarter, or the preorder through the website, then this is were you can see information about when you will receive access.
Here is a link to a google spreadsheet which has a list of all the backers in the order they will receive access. You can see that Repeat Backers have priority over New backers, and the repeat backers with the highest pledge amounts are granted access first.
SimplyColor3D 2.0 - Backer & Customer release order google sheet
There are some known issues with the application. We are working on them but will list them here just so you are aware:
- Split Model is now online but imperfect. We are working continuously on this until it's perfected!!
- Colors added to the a perfectly flat horizontal surface (like the top of a coffee table)will not be split
- Splitting does not currently support holes and they will be filled.
- Mac users may need to enable WebGL experimental support AND use FireFox, especially with Big Sur, as the app seems to not work with Chrome or Safari. Alternatively, running on a Mac w/Windows is confirmed to work with Chrome and FireFox.
- Make sure you keep the browser open and in focus during the initial load sequence. It should only take 1 min to load. If you minimize the window then the browser will suspend the processes and it will look like it takes 15min+ (or an infinite period of time) but it's only an illusion.
I was supposed to be granted access yesterday 1/31/2021, but I can not get the download link. I was expecting a delay but the spreadseet above has my date for yesterday. Did someone over there not do their job and update the spreadsheet? I also emailed customer support regarding this and I am still waiting for a reply.
I took a look at the spreadsheet, and yes you were set to receive access on January 31st. However in update #17 on the Kickstarter page we posted that we would need to pause for just a bit just to address some of the splitting issues we were working on. You can see the update here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigbrain3d/simplycolor3d-20-convert-any-3d-model-into-multicolor/posts/3080944
We will be re-starting access again very soon, and we will post another update and include the updated dates on the spreadsheet. We appreciate your patience.
Splitting does not currently support holes and they will be filled.
This is a big problem for me. I just ordered this, and am now discovering it's ripe with caveats.
I do my own cad, and can do my own color work on objects I create, but when looking to colorize other models that I don't have STEP file versions of to manually create color geometry, this would be my tool to do so. However, if i"m limited to models that don't have holes in them, that's a big issue.
How long till this gets addressed?
By the end of March both of those issues should be resolved.
Can't wait. Feb. 22 for me (in 2 days!) Not spamming the board. This is a test message ?
Today 21-Feb is supposed to be my day! I noticed people scheduled for the 20th did not get access (or at least the spreadsheet wasn't updated). Problems?
Sorry, they did get access we just forgot to update the sheet...
You should have access now too.
Woohoo, thanks. Access confirmed!
I see on the spread sheet that I have access as of today but when I go to the download link it says I have no downloads available yet.
Am I missing a step?
Mmm... i'm getting this when I click on the download link:
This page doesn't seem to exist.
that's not a download link. The app is cloud based. You need to click on the "SimplyColor3D 2.0" link.
That page is in progress and will be replaced with a instruction manual eventually.
Click here to access the application.