Notifications
Clear all

Strange color splitting with many errors

Page 2 / 2

BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@cpang

Can you please attach the exported obj & png from SimplyColor3D?

ReplyQuote
cpang
(@cpang)

Here you go this the Owl obj.

ReplyQuote
cpang
(@cpang)

Here Owl png.

ReplyQuote
cpang
(@cpang)

Hi,

Is there a way to deal with this fragmented STL. Multi color file. when splitting using STL mode in SC3D. I am trying to promote your product. But if there no support to fix this issue. There is no where to get a good out come on a print.

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@cpang

These parts look like they are from unpainted areas in the model. Using island color replace, and global color replace, is a good way to address these small fragments.

Also, if you are working with PrusaSlicer then you should export the split in the 3MF format which will keep all the parts in the correct places automatically.

ReplyQuote
cpang
(@cpang)

. Oaky I wish there was some kind of tool what you use to see uncolored section of the model as it hard to see in SC3D. As I can see if you use Island it only kind of color the color that was their and still leave the un paint spot un painted. The world  seem to be the same and only change the color of the painted sections. So simple is not to simple try to go back and try to color what you can't see. Thank for your support  at lease I know what part of my problem is when I color a model is to find all unpainted section. I use 3MF and it look good in the PRUSA slicer but when I print it the color arrangement misaligned colors in the model. If I use STL in PRUSA arrangement is right on. Should I use the default setting for 3MF color splitting .3 for layer and 3.2 for color deep?

Best regards,

Carlos      

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@cpang

The default settings for splitting are good for most models BUT the layer thickness must match the layer thickness in PrusaSlicer though.

I suggest that when you first start to paint a model you use the 'Paint All' button in the brush section. Use the color that would be most difficult to paint in areas. Then just paint the other easier parts of the model with different colors. This will help eliminate the hard to find color sections.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: