Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Suggestions: Rotate and Scale Model

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bob_modrow)
Topic starter  

Can you add rotate and scale model into the app?

I don't mean visually rotate - I mean rotate the actual model in 3D space for proper color slicing.

Also scaling - for eventual color slicing might be useful.

Both feature can be done in other programs, but that's another program just to orientate and/or scale a source file.

Topic Tags
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@bob_modrow

Hi Bob,

This is already on the development list but it will take some time. It's a good idea anyway. For now netfabb is the easiest option before painting. After painting blender must be used to rotate and keep the colors on the model in the correct place.

ReplyQuote
(@aschmitz)

@bigbrain3d Are there instructions for scaling a painted model in Blender? I assume the texture as exported would have to change, but perhaps not. (I am not particularly familiar with Blender, sadly.)

Alternatively, if there were a way to increase the range of layer heights that can be used, I could handle the scaling in PrusaSlicer. If I want to print at 0.1mm layer heights larger than the uploaded model size, I can't push the split model layer height down low enough. (This would also be a much faster feature to develop, I assume. ?)

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@aschmitz

Not yet. But it's very easy. Once the model is loaded into blender just press 's' on the keyboard. Then use the mouse to adjust the scale.

0.05 will be a layer thickness soon. You cannot scale in PrusaSlicer after splitting, as that would result in missing layers.

ReplyQuote
Share: