Gcode explanation needed  

RSS

andraisr
(@andraisr)
Active Member Customer
11/09/2019 11:49 pm  

I am only a novice with gcode understanding. I know you supplied the gcode to use the purge mechanism, but is it simply a matter of copy/paste the gcode into the tool change script in S3D? Commented notes on the gcode commands would be helpful in understanding what is going on with it.

andraisr
(@andraisr)
Active Member Customer
11/09/2019 11:51 pm  

BBCodes??

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Member Admin
12/09/2019 6:56 pm  

BBCodes

Give us a little time. We'll update the purge gcode files with better comments. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
andraisr
(@andraisr)
Active Member Customer
10/10/2019 9:44 pm  

I saw the comments added to the gcode file, thanks.

So on S3D, how/where exactly is this code inserted? And is it a simply copy/paste? how does it get tested outside of  SimplyColor3d. I did a copy/paste to the "Tool Change Script" tab and when the print job starts the printer acts wiggy. It can not figure out how to do prime line and slow wipe commands. These gcode command get repeated 4 times before the print starts. and it never purges when it changes tools.

Included is the gcode for the "Starting Script"

G28 ; home all axes

M205 X10 Y10 ; set XY jerk to 10

M163 S0 P1.0

M163 S1 P0.0

M164 S0 ; set T0 mixing ratio to full right

M163 S0 P0.0

M163 S1 P1.0

M164 S1 ; set T1 mixing ratio to full left

M163 S0 P0.1

M163 S1 P0.9

M164 S2 ; set T2mixing ratio to even mix

T0 ; select mix extruder

G1 X20 Y10 Z0.3 F3000 ; avoid binder clips

G1 X195 E16 F500 ; prime line

G1 X205 F100 ; slow wipe

Please advise on how to make this work.

Thanks,

Israel

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Member Admin
01/11/2019 1:25 pm  

@andraisr

The purge section is simply copy/pasted after every T command in the final gcode output.

You should be able to put the commands into a separate text file named test.gcode and run it on your printer to see if you get the desired result. That is good practice too since running the final file will take much longer than testing that very small and specific section of code.

Are you trying to get this to work with Simplify3D or SimplyColor3D?

Simplify3D doesn't have a place you can put purge codes automatically, neither does Slic3r. That is a feature only of SimplyColor3D. Perhaps you can look into making a post processing script to do the code insertion?

If you use a different slicer then you can use notepad++ to do a multiline find and replace and insert the purge commands after the T commands.

If you put the purge commands into the 'tool change script' section of simplify3D that is not the correct place. There will then be a purge done during the start of the print which may be the 'wiggy' thing you mentioned. But the z hop wouldn't happen since it's commented out and SimplyColor3D uncomments it automatically.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register