Notifications
Clear all

Swapper3D assembly help

233 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

Swapper i have a few troubles putting it together the pictures don't show everything the blue things do not stick and they fall off the second i put one power wire on and the fan do they connect to the same spot under the 5 amp fuse then when i got to tie them down look like there is another power cable but i only have one with connectors to the board please help thanks

BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@lee-lemieux
Hi Lee,
The blue heat sinks need to be pressed on and 'wiggled' to get them to stick. Using some alcohol on the board will help make sure it's free of grease and flux and help the heat sinks adhere better, also their glue is heat activated so holding them on for 30seconds with your thumb will heat their glue so they stick better.

Only one power cable is needed from the Einsy board power connectors to the Swapper3D power supply. Yes on the 3D printer Einsy board there are 2 power inputs but you only need to connect the Swapper power wire to one(1) of those connectors, it also doesn't matter which one you connect to, just as long as the red wire goes to positive (+) and the black wire goes to negative (-).

Does that make sense?

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

@bigbrain3d then why the the picture show two power when you got to zip tie the the fan wire and the power wire

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

you can see there are two wires

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@lee-lemieux 

I'm sorry for the confusion. Those are not 2 power wires. 1 power wire, and 1 serial line are shown in that picture.

We are making updates to the manual to clarify these things. The manual is very new, you are the first person to use it so you're finding all the issues 😉

You should use Octoprint to sync the printer and the Swapper3D and then you only need the Power wire and NOT the serial wire.

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

@bigbrain3d thanks i have a palette pro so they told me on don't nee octoprint is that correct

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@lee-lemieux 

Everyone, and every configuration, including using the palette, does require Octoprint to work with the Swapper3D.

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

@bigbrain3d do i need to buy anything else for that or does they come with it

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@lee-lemieux 

You don't need to buy anything else, but it does need to run on a computer of some kind like a windows/mac/raspberry pi/android device. You can use the one you slice models on.
You can read about our decision here in this public kickstarter post

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

i working on the electronic but some of it doses not look right do we know when the updates will be ready vary confusing im on step 6 can you give me for instruction on how to wire this up 

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@lee-lemieux 

please attach a picture of where you are at so that I may advise you

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

@bigbrain3d

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

here is another

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@lee-lemieux 

both of those look correct to me.
What do you think doesn't look right?

ReplyQuote
(@lee-lemieux)
Topic starter  

it not that they don't look right it is that i don't know were the wires go form the power supply and the picture are vary confusing and i want to make sure im doing right because it is power

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 16
Share: