Unknown Tool Rotate (TR) error

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
ExtruderCat
(@extrudercat)
Topic starter  

Hi 😊

I calibrated all servos as explained in the manual.
All positions seem to be correct, but the tool rotate servo position seems to be off in the assembled state.
When I initiate a nozzle swap the tool holder arm doesn't move all the way to the holder wheel. After failing to grab a nozzle it moves toward its insert position but crashes into the Z spindle. Then it moves up and lands behind the heater block. A grabbed nozzle would not be inserted correctly. Then the same in reverse, moving down while scrubbing on the Z spindle and not moving all the way to its parking position.

I already removed the TR servo from the construction, flashed the setup firmware and checked the position. It moves instantly to its correct position with the corrected value from the EEPROM. A save moves it back and forth and parks the indicator again in the correct position 🤔Ā 

After reassembly the same problem occurs. It seems the servo is always about 30-45 degrees clockwise off its proper position 🤨Ā 
I double checked the assembly instruction for this part.

BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@extrudercat if you install the setup firmware and press the S button while on the TR setting, does the arm move in the same way? the S button should save the offset and sweep the from the start to end positions that the TR servo will do during a swap.

ReplyQuote
ExtruderCat
(@extrudercat)
Topic starter  

@bigbrain3d Yes it does exactly that. But there is still a big offset in the positions. The holder arm broke at the third try, but that's no big problem.

ReplyQuote
BigBrain3D
(@bigbrain3d)
Supreme moderator Admin

@extrudercat at this point I would remove the TR servo and place it back in the template. Then test again. If the start angle of the servo doesn't point at the start mark "TR" then you can remove the horn and place it back on the spline so that it does align.

ReplyQuote
Share: