What are we working...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] What are we working on?

41 Posts
10 Users
22 Likes
(@christof-kern)

Since I took a break from installing and waited for the updated documentation and plugin I had to catch up on some stuff. Now I got the time to tinker with my printer and swapper...

@extrudercat is there a way to help/contribute/test, I have a 12 filament MMU mod and a masters degree in electronics, so I would feel that I am capable to support, but I do not wanna intrude on your side project ofc. 🙂

ExtruderCat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@andrew-hopper)

(Unfortunately, my original post is awaiting moderation because it included a link to Reddit. For anyone interested in joining, just search for Swapper3D; it should be the first result.)

Hi, everyone! At this point I'm starting to worry that this project has been abandoned, so I created a subreddit to give us a place to discuss the Swapper3D in the event that this site goes away. I created this to give us a place to gather and discuss what we can do to realize the vision of this device. Please come join us and feel free to tell others!

ExtruderCat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@narge)

@andrew-hopper I'm interested

ReplyQuote
(@andrew-hopper)

@narge Great! I'm unable to post a direct link, but if you point your browser to reddit.com and search reddit for Swapper3D, you'll see the r/Swapper3D subreddit. It's brand-new, so there's not a lot there yet.

ExtruderCat reacted
ReplyQuote
ExtruderCat
(@extrudercat)

@andrew-hopper I'm interested, too. Maybe even as a mod there.

At the moment I have some RL tasks that need my full attention, but I still follow here (and Reddit from now on, too).

When I have more free time I will dive into dev for version 2 again 😀 

ReplyQuote
ExtruderCat
(@extrudercat)

Posted by: @christof-kern

@extrudercat is there a way to help/contribute/test, I have a 12 filament MMU mod and a masters degree in electronics, so I would feel that I am capable to support, but I do not wanna intrude on your side project ofc. 🙂

Is that the ERCF? Looked at it some time ago for some of my other printers.

As mentioned, at the moment other things have my attention. But I will continue the dev stuff and keep you in mind when I need help or testing 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@christof-kern)

Not exactly, the full Name on GitHub is "Prusa MMU2S Modification for 12 Filaments", in the end it is a bigger and more robust mmu2

ExtruderCat reacted
ReplyQuote
ExtruderCat
(@extrudercat)

Posted by: @christof-kern

Not exactly, the full Name on GitHub is "Prusa MMU2S Modification for 12 Filaments", in the end it is a bigger and more robust mmu2

Looks very nice in the videos you find about it. 
Did you test it with TPU? This was always a problem for the vanilla MMU, at least for me.

ReplyQuote
(@christof-kern)

I have not have problems with TPU, did some prints where loading and unloading went smoothly, but I didnt print a large multimaterial print with it yet, since I wanted to wait for the Swapper to avoid wasting ressources 😀

ReplyQuote
ExtruderCat
(@extrudercat)

@christof-kern What a coincidence, that was my thought, too!

Maybe that's the reason why I bought the Swapper 🙃 😜 

ReplyQuote
(@ludarx)

Yeah def looks like a dead project currently. I am stuck on my assembly process and would love some help with the reddit folks 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: