Set servo start positions
These are the most important instructions in the Swapper3D guides. You must follow them exactly or damage to the Swapper3D could result. If you have any uncertainty then please create a post in the community forum. We will reply there.
Use the alignment guides to add the horns
Put the arrow too high (going clockwise) so that the only adjustment can be to lower the angle (counterclockwise). Always adjust in the counterclockwise direction.
You only need 1 of the alignment guides for the standard size servos and one for the micro servo. You will screw the guide to the servo while adjusting it and remove it to use on the next one.
- Add the alignment guide to the servo
- Add the servo horn to the closest output shaft spline position that is counterclockwise to the respective label.
- Add a screw to secure the horn
- Add the arrow and a screw to the end of the horn
- Use the <> arrows on the lcd to select the servo whose start position you want to set
- use the +- buttons on the lcd to adjust the servo horn and the arrow to point exactly at the line for the respective servo, for example TR servo points to the TR line.
- Once the adjustment is made press the “S” button to save the position to the Arduino controller permantent eeprom memory.
- The servo will sweep from it’s start to end position and back again. Make sure it still points to the correct line marker.
- remove the adjustment guide and horn arrow BUT leave the black metal horn in place.
- POWER OFF – THEN ON -> making sure that the LCD and Controller lose power. Then make sure that the setting was retained.
- Repeat for each of the servos.